What We Do
At Nireekshana, we provide:
- We empower these kids to become self-sufficient.
- To train and teach the kids basic self-care skills - eating, toilet training, personal hygiene etc.
- Develop social skills via group experiences and activities which will help them fit into society and also build confidence.
- Improve communication skills - spoken and written whenever possible, and reading skills based on their individual capacities.
- Develop motor, co-ordination and pre-vocational skills.
- Instill a positive attitude to learning through presentations, activities and experiences.
- Medical check-up once a year and physiotherapy by Mobility India.
- Every child is given individual attention, speech and physio therapy provided as required.
- Art workshops and music therapy.
- Vocational Training: Kids are provided with medical aid; educational training; communicative skills in speech, writing and reading; and vocational skills like candle making, dry flower arrangements, carpentry and packaging of food items.
- Field trips and picnics – twice a year.
Group activities are held to impart social integration abilities.
'A Typical Day' at Nireekshana
- Picking up students from their home by the school van.
- Speech therapy involving learning vocabulary.
- Morning prayer session.
- Tea break - horlicks and biscuits.
- Children of each section commence work on their reading/writing skills, learn via 'PLAY WAY' methodology.
- Lunch break - they are served simple & healthy meals cooked in the school as part of the midday meal programme.
- Post lunch, the senior children start with the various assigned daily chores which include cleaning the school, washing utensils, helping the younger children with washroom duties etc.
- Lastly, the primary children have a short session of music and storytelling while the senior children relax - playing carom or arts and crafts.
- At 3pm, the children are dropped home.
Annual Day is celebrated during Christmas season every year, with the children showcasing their talents with song, dances, skits etc. This is followed by lunch, a celebration and get together with the kids’ parents, teaching staff, and guests.